The Divorce, Dissolution and Separation Bill was passed in the House of Commons on 17…
Resolution, the community of family justice professional who work with families and individuals to resolve issues in a constructive way have issued a new Code of practice for its members. The organisation, which represents 6,500 family justice professionals, said it chose to revise the Code of Practice to ensure that the Code remains of central relevance in a changing family justice environment.
Why choose a Resolution Member?
Resolution members follow a Code of Practice that promotes a constructive approach to family issues and considers the needs of the whole family, in particular the best interests of children.
How the Code helps you?
Your solicitor will
- Listen to you, being honest with you and treat you with respect.
- Explain all the options and giving you confident.
- Help focus on what is important in the long-term.
- Help you balance financial and emotional costs with what you want to achieve.
- Work with others to find the right approach and the best solutions for you.
- Manage stress in what can be an already stressful situation.
The Head of our family department is a member of Resolution, which is reflected in the way her work is conducted on behalf of clients.
What does the Code of Practice say?
Resolution membership is about the approach we take to our work. This means that as a Resolution member, we will:
- Reduce or manage any conflict and confrontation for example, by not using inflammatory language.
- Support and encourage families to put the best interests of any children first.
- Act with honesty, integrity and objectivity.
- Help client understand and manage the potential long-term financial and emotional consequences of decisions.
- Listen to and treat everyone with respect and without judgment.
- Use our experience and knowledge to guide clients through the options available to them.
- Continually develop our knowledge and skills.
- Use the resolution Guides to Good Practice in our day to day work.
And above all, we will work with other Resolution members to uphold this Code and ensure it is at the heard of everything we do.
If you would like further advice in connection with a family matter, please contact Miss Vincent in our family department on 01926 422 101.